The 2018 OPAP LIMASSOL 3ON3 IS A WRAP-UP WITH GREAT SUCCESS
The Limassol Molos seaside court has now come to a close since yesterday. After 2 weeks of participants battling it out in the Opap Limassol 3on3 games, we have found our champion, team Humpolec from Czech Republic, who has won a place in The World Master Tournament in Debrecen this August the 30th and 31st. The 2nd team who won a place in the World Master is team Liman from Serbia.
The 3on3 game that was once considered the number one international urban streetball game has now been announced as an Olympic sport, with their debut at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Evripides Manoullos, Co-founder and Organiser comments, ‘This is the fourth year that we are running the Opap Limassol 3on3 and every year it gets bigger and better. With more teams competing and the athletic level of the players scoring new heights. I am so grateful and proud of everything we have achieved with the sponsors, the community and of course the players. I am over the moon that the Olympic committee has finally announced 3on3 as one of the games.’
The categories and winners of the two-week event include:
- OPAP Elite Games – Liman 3×3 from Serbia
- Limassol 3on3 Corporate – KPK Performance from Cyprus
- Limassol 3on3 Amateur – Red Machine from Russia
- So Easy Female – Saint-P from Russia
- Medochemie Wheelchair – Red Azines from Cyprus
- So Easy Youth Under 12 – Pro-Ballers from Cyprus
- So Easy Youth Under 15 – Kaimakla Power from Cyprus
- So Easy Youth Under 18 – Bomba Squad from Cyprus
- OPAP Limassol 3×3 Challenger – Humpolec from the Czech Republic
- Dunk Contest – Arek “ArO” Przybylski from Poland
- Charity Game – Goal Sti Zoi won against Organizers & Friends 10-9
Moreover, the Educational Camp has been a great success with tens of students from various sports academies attending. The seminar for the referees by FIBA officials has added great value to our community as well as the clinic, in collaboration with Limassol Municipality, TEPAK and Cyprus Basketball Federation.
‘We would like to give a special shout-out to all the teams who competed, especially those who travelled from abroad to take part. As well as our dedicated sponsors: OPAP, Medochemie, Cytamobile, Seat, Puzzle Entertainment, Scaffolding Solutions, My Mall, Trust Insurance, Erdinger, Nivea for Men, Cytavision, Digital Tree, 120ADVERTISING, PIK, Kanali 6, KOA, Cyprus Basketball Federation, Limassol Municipality, Limassol Tourism Board, Medical Services and Sotos Outdoor, we cannot do it without their gracious support,’ mentions Co-founder and Organiser, Kostandinos Perentos.
For the full OPAP Limassol 3on3 results for each category, you can visit our website www.limassol3on3.com
For more information, contact us at email@example.com
Follow Opap Limassol 3on3 at Social Media: